Festival of St. Mark, Evangelist | April 25
Who is Mark?
- Wrote one of the four Gospels
- The Gospel According To Mark (AD 50-60)
- Cousin to the apostle Barnabas
- His mother’s Jerusalem home was a meeting place of early church
- Ministered with Paul, Barnabas, and Peter
- Said to have served as bishop of Alexandria in Egypt until dying a martyr’s death.
- Symbolized by a (winged) lion.
Almighty God, You have enriched Your Church with the proclamation of the Gospel through the evangelist Mark. Grant that we may firmly believe these glad tidings and daily walk according to Your Word: through Jesus Christ, our Lord, who lives and riefgns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God now and forever. Amen.
|#3 in Evangelist Set (1/4)||#3 in Martyr Set||#6 in Unashamed Set|
The St. Mark artwork was created by a talented member of our congregation.