History

St. Mark’s is the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod’s mother church in the northern region of California (from Sonoma County to the Oregon border). The first Missouri Synod missionary arrived in Ferndale in 1893 in response to the request of Old Trinity Lutherans who had relocated from St. Louis, MO. The congregation was officially organized on April 26, 1906, making it one of the Missouri Synod’s oldest parishes in California.

(More history coming soon!)